Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Some lessons are so obvious...

This article made me realise that there are some people who just don't get it. They don't understand cause and effect.

We have people leaving school without any effective education and what do the politicians propose? Raising the leaving age.

How about making it compulsory to pass an exam before leaving school? As a taxpayer I consider that some of my hard earned money has gone towards education therefore I want value for money. I want a "return on my investment".

Abolish school leaving age. It is utterly meaningless, and instead introduce an exam. My guess is that this would motivate teachers to get rid of troublemakers, and the troublemakers would be motivated to try to pass the exam so they can get out of the school system.

No comments: