Monday, May 12, 2008

The Burden on the Few

This is something of an addendum to my previous post.

Talk of Warrants of Fitness and Vehicle Registration get me a bit worked up. One episode in the last few years always springs to mind.


I was leaving the Post Shop after having paid my Vehicle Registration. As I walked between my car and the car parked behind it I glanced at the windscreen of the other car. Right there, I saw an expired Warrant of Fitness and Registration. And I am not talking a few days either. This vehicle had been sharing the road with us for months without a right to be there.

How many more are there out there? And if they can't be bothered paying for Registration or a safety check, do you suppose they hold any insurance, even third party insurance?

The burden of cost always falls on the honest I am afraid.

No comments: